In the name of Allah, most gracious and most merciful,
1. A keytakeaway
Today I want to stress the importance of continuous trials. The more you try in doing something, the more you make mistakes, the more you get feedback. Now it is up to you whether to use that feedback positively and benefit from it to decrease your mistakes and thus increase your probability of success, or to neglect this feedback and to just keep trying. Feedback is very important to help you adjust your directions.
What is the point in continuous trials without benefiting from your feedback? It could be somehow close to climbing stairs of the wrong building. By better evaluating your feedback you should know early if you are climbing in the wrong building or not and if there is even an elevator in this building provided that it is the correct one.
2. Some useful pieces of advice
Most of these pieces of information are taken from The Magic of Thinking Big book.
How to use the benefits of thinking in big in life’s most crucial situations (continuing on yesterday’s post):
- When an argument or quarrel seems inevitable, think big. Successfully resist the temptation to argue and quarrel by:
- Asking yourself honestly “Is this thing important enough to argue about?”
- Reminding yourself that you will never gain anything from the argument, but you usually lose something.
- Think big enough to see the quarrels, and arguments may never help you get where you want to go.
- When you feel defeated, think big. It is not usually possible to achieve large success without hardships and setbacks, but it is possible to live the rest of your life without defeat. Big thinkers react to setbacks in this way:
- Regard the setback as a lesson. Research it. Use it to propel you forward. Salvage something from every setback.
- Blend persistence with experimentation. Back off and start fresh with a new approach.
- Think big enough to see that defeat is a state of mind. Usually not more.
- When romance starts to slip, think big. Negative, petty, she’s, he’s, unfair to me and these types of thinking. Do this when things aren’t going right in the love department:
- Concentrate on the biggest qualities in the person you want to love you. Put little things where they belong, in the second place.
- Do something special for your mate, and do it often. Think big enough to find the secrets to marightful joys.
- When you feel your progress on the job is slowing down, think big. No matter what you do, and regardless of your occupation. Higher status and higher pay come from one thing which is increasing the quality and the quantity of your output. Do this. Think I can do better. The best is not unattainable. There are rules for doing everything better. Nothing in this world is necessarily being done as well as it could be. And when you think “I can do better”, ways to do better will appear. Thinking “I can do better” switches on your creative power. Think big enough to see that if you put service first, money takes care of itself. In the words of Publilius Syrus “A wise man will be master of his mind, a fool will be its slave”.
Allah bless our master Muhammad and his family.