In the name of Allah, most gracious and most merciful,
1. A keytakeaway
I want to stress today on the process. I mean success is a process that needs time, and not an event that happens overnight. Solving problems and acquiring new skills takes time. Being super rushed to finish everything in an unrealistic time may eventually make you frustrated. Yes, deadlines are important but usually realistic ones that are challenging you which you could miss by a small margin. It is that sweet middle spot between being fast in taking action, and efficient while being patient and effective.
2. Some useful pieces of advice
These pieces of information are taken from The Magic of Thinking Big book.
To be a more effective leader put these four leadership principles to work:
- Understand how the people you want to influence think to talk to them in a way they understand and to give them what is suitable for them. It is easy to get others to do what you want them to do if you see things through their eyes. Ask yourself this question before you act: What would I think of this if I exchanged places with the other person?
- Apply the “Be Human Rule” in your dealings with others. Ask: What is the human way to handle this? In everything you do, show that you put other people first. Give other people the kind of treatment you like to receive, and you will be rewarded.
- Think progress, lead in progress, push for progress. Think improvement in everything you do. Think high standards in everything you do. Over a period of time subordinates tend to become carbon copies of their chief. Make sure the master copy is worth duplicating. Make this a personal resolution at home, at work, and in community life.
- Take time out to confer with yourself and tab your supreme thinking power. Managed solitude pays off. Use it to release your creative power. Use it to find solutions to personal and business problems. Try to spend some time alone everyday just for thinking. Use the thinking technique all great leaders use. Confer with yourself.
Allah bless our master Muhammad and his family.